Delicious Soup Recipes for Truckers
April 12, 2019
Mealtime for truck drivers can be a struggle, due to the difficulty around finding a stop with good food options. This is leading to more drivers opting to cook in their cab. Not only is this a healthier option, but they are also identifying it as a money saver! As the popularity of cooking in the cab rises, we are making it our mission to help provide delicious, easy recipes for 12-volt appliances.
If you’re in the market for a new soup recipe, here are two you are sure to enjoy:
Italian Bread & Cheese Soup
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tbsp. basil or parsley
1. In your RoadPro® Saucepan, add olive oil.
2. Add onion and garlic, cooking until just golden, not brown.
3. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer.
4. When you’re ready to serve the soup, toast bread.
5. Break each slice of toast into bite-sized pieces and place
in soup bowls.
6. Cover toast with ½ cup of cheese.
7. Ladle soup over the bread and cheese in each bowl.
8. Sprinkle with basil or parsley and pepper.
Instant Black Bean Soup
15 oz. can black beans, undrained
8 oz. salsa
8 oz. chicken broth
Chili powder (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place beans & liquid in your RoadPro® Saucepan,
partially mash beans.
2. Stir in salsa and broth.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Season with chili powder, if desired.
6. Top with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
For more recipe ideas, visit the RoadPro Family of Brands video library to check out the Cookin’ with RoadPro series. Have a few favorite on-the-go recipes? Share them with us in the comments below.